I’m thankful that I don’t fall for Glenn Greenwald’s anti-American propaganda and have the patience to wait for the truth to come out. His latest bout of jumping up and down and screaming “look at me, look at me” as he spews his anti-American lies is one of his most egregious yet.
It turns out that whole appeal to European populist outrage over the NSA collecting “60 million calls in one month” in Spain and 70 million in France without their knowledge, was, well, not the case at all. The information was given to the NSA as part of a joint intelligence operation. The Los Angeles Times has the story…
WASHINGTON — Leaked U.S. documents appearing to show that the National Security Agency collected data on tens of millions of European phone records, an issue that has sparked outrage among U.S. allies, actually represented data handed over to the NSA by European intelligence services as part of joint operations, U.S. officials said Tuesday.
The claim refutes reports in leading French and Spanish newspapers suggesting that the NSA had vacuumed up French and Spanish telephone records without the knowledge of those governments. U.S. officials now say that the NSA didn’t collect the data — the intelligence services of those countries did.
As this crusade to rile up European anger against the U.S. has proceeded, I’ve been wondering when our government was going to push back with a little reality. I hope this is just the start of that push back.
Glenn Greenwald and his minions are using the secrecy behind our intelligence operations as cover. They know that in order to dispute the falsehoods and misreading of the Snowden documents, they would have to expose even more secret sources and methods. So Greenwald has been able to spin, lie and create conspiracies and paranoia with little refutation. It’s a nice little game they have going.
I think we can all agree now that Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden don’t really give a shit about America. In fact, they clearly have an agenda which is aimed at harming the U.S. both at home and abroad.
Update: JM Ashby over at BobCesca.com has some more details from the Wall Street Journal story.
Hat Tip to Charles Johnson at Little Green Footballs
October 30, 2013 Posted by ExtremeLiberal | National Security, The Truth | Anti-American, France, Glenn Greenwald, Intelligence, NSA, NSA Surveillance, Phone Records, Propaganda, Spain, Spying | 8 Comments
Who The Hell Am I!
I’m a liberal that is extreme in some ways and not in others. I support President Obama and make no apologies for it. I think he has done a phenomenal job, especially when you consider that he inherited a huge mess and has faced unprecedented opposition from a lazy & desperate Republican Party. I’m a film producer/director/editor, adjunct professor, technician, media critic and photographer when I’m not reading left wing blogs and typing on this one. – On Twitter @ExtremeLiberal or Email at liberalforreal (at) gmail.com
Share This Blog
Kurt Vonnegut Moment
Categories2012 Election Accomplishments Budget Democratic Party Economy Election General Health Care Reform Humor Jane Hamsher Jobs Media Midterm Elections Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSM Music National Security Photography Podcast Politics President Barack Obama Professional Left Public Domain Racism Republican Party Teabaggers Tea Party The Repugnant Party The Truth
Own An Important Part Of American History!
Damn It’s Hot!
Only If You Have A Few Extra Bucks!
- 10 groups Donald Trump offended since launching his campaign @CNNPolitics cnn.it/1Xm0G2I 1 hour ago
- RT @SenBertJohnson: @ExtremeLiberal these are words to live by...so very true! #bobbykennedy 1 day ago
- The truth! https://t.co/XxXz2jtP6h 1 day ago
- "Leadership And The Politics Of Fear": Obama Providing Exactly The Kind Of Leadership This Country Nee… wp.me/pIVTG-bX3 via @raemd95 3 days ago
- Fox Thanksgiving segment goes off the rails when black co-host is asked if she ‘makes Kool-Aid’ rawstory.com/2015/11/fox-th… 4 days ago
- RT @TheObamaDiary: Behind the Lens: Around the World in Nine Days - Photos by @PeteSouza medium.com/@WhiteHouse… https://t.co/B5Afj2Oo8W 4 days ago
- Wow, Seth Meyers just stripped down Trump’s lies and Islamophobia so clearly even your racist uncle will get it now salon.com/2015/11/25/wow… 4 days ago
- Yes, Trump Will Now Require Press Members Be Escorted to the Bathroom at Rallies mediaite.com/online/yes-tru… via @mediaite 4 days ago
- It's disturbing that I feel like I've seen the video of #LaquanMcDonald getting executed in the street BEFORE. When will it stop? #news 4 days ago
- I did not know that Rashida Jones is the daughter of Peggy Lipton and Quincy Jones. #funfacts 5 days ago
Join A Union – Rebuild The Middle Class
- Matt Patrina on The Trumping Down Of America!
- Matt Patrina on The Trumping Down Of America!
- Consumer Unit 5012 on The Trumping Down Of America!
- paradoctor on The Trumping Down Of America!
- liberalguy11 on How Many People Has Fox News Killed With Their Lies About Obamacare?
- Chicken Hammer on The Trumping Down Of America!
- PurpleHaze on The Republican Lies That Killed Our Sons And Daughters And Created ISIL!
- jetforcef22 on Did I Mention Huffington Post Sucks Ass And Should Be Boycotted?
- Ronnie on Cornel West And Tavis Smiley Have Never Supported President Obama!
- Sedate Me on Aaron Schock Compares Himself To Lincoln – A Rare Photo Proves It
- MLR on Aaron Schock Compares Himself To Lincoln – A Rare Photo Proves It
- Sedate Me on Will The Supreme Court Kill The Republican Party In King v. Burwell?
- Joyce Varden on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- Jason on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- grantinhouston on Glenn Greenwald Decries The Spying He Helped Enable When He Supported Bush!
Photos by Extreme Liberal