If you want to read some reality based analysis of the debt ceiling deal, here are some links that won’t make you want to run around screaming “IT’S THE REPUBLICAN’S FAULT YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOTS” or some variation on that.
- The People’s View has this great post that talks about the actual details of the debt ceiling compromise.
- The People’s View also has this post up trying to stop the misinformation before it gets out of control.
- This post at Rooted Cosmopolitan looks at how popular the deal is likely to be with the general public, of which the emoprogs are not a part.
- Joy Reid at The Reid Report has a reasoned analysis of the debt ceiling deal. Those Bush tax cuts, guess what….say goodbye to them for good in 2012.
- Smartypants has a few words for those screaming “bully pulpit” repeatedly, he has a few other great posts up too, go check it out.
- Josh at Talking Points Memo posted a great comment from a reader that summarizes what happened with the debt ceiling crisis pretty well.
- Steve Benen at The Washington Monthly reminds us why this is not a compromise.