Angry Black Lady Chronicles has the story. Here is a clip from it, go read the whole thing, it’s really good…
Adam Green is desperate for your money. So desperate that he is willing to lie, cheat, and steal to get it.
You see, a couple weeks ago, Adam Green (PCCC’s Treasurer and Grifter-in-Chief) registered the domain name “ColberSuperPAC” in an attempt to bleed donations and membership from Colbert’s Super PAC, Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow (which can be found at tSuperPac.com>):
“Progressive Change Campaign Committee Treasurer Adam Green purchased the URL ColberSuperPAC.com, omitting the t in Stephen Colbert’s name, and then redirected that URL to his own PAC web site in an apparent attempt to steal critical membership and donations away from Colbert’s PAC, Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow. Colbert announced Friday night on his show, The Colbert Report, more than 100,000 previous ABTT members need to sign up a second time because the organization is now a super-PAC.”
I’ve seen this story in several places and felt the need to add my two-cents — maybe three. The Christian Science Monitor is the original source for the story that is titled “Gallup’s chief puzzled by Obama’s poll numbers”.
I’ll get to why I think the President has consistent poll numbers in the face of a slowly growing economy and many other issues that plague our country in the wake of 8 years of mismanagement. But first, I want to point out some disturbing trends in the media and amongst polling firms.
The mere fact that Frank Newton of Gallup would be puzzled by any poll number raises the question, why? Does he really think that the political world, or the world in general, operates in a pattern where it really doesn’t matter who the individual players are or what they say or do, it should just follow a predetermined pattern. I guess it’s the problem with statisticians in general. They use numbers to help order their worlds and depersonalize things so it is easier for them to understand. When you actually deal with real people and personalities, it isn’t quite as easy for them to understand.
Here is a passage from the CSM piece that illustrates this…
Looking at history, particularly Clinton and Reagan, it is somewhat surprising that [Obama] has never yet fallen into the 30 percent range in our approval rating,” Newport said. “And yet both Reagan and Clinton, in their first terms when the economy was perceived as bad … both fell into the 30s.”
I guess I need to point out to Frank that President Obama is not Clinton or Reagan and it is currently 2011, not the 80’s or 90’s.
The tendency to force everything that happens today into a model from the past is a common phenomenon. I’m my younger days of self discovery, I read a “philosopher” named J. Krishnamurti who wrote extensively on this idea. One of the things he said was that all thought is based on the past, it is formed from our memories and the mind filters everything through what it has known before and therefore it isn’t new. He encouraged people to live in the moment, and learn to listen with a still mind. I highly recommend his readings and lectures, if you Google J. Krishnamurti, you will find a lot of information about him and there are many Youtube clips of him speaking.
Back to the numbers game in politics! One of the worst offenders is Chuck Todd of NBC/MSNBC. The man lives for his numbers and especially the “horse-race” numbers. It may be that he perceives them as being impartial. We often here the phrase, numbers don’t lie. When I hear that phrase, my instinct is to say, “yeah, they are fucking numbers, how the fuck can they lie”. What that phrase accomplishes when uttered is to present the numbers as being impartial, as if the interpretation or spin of them doesn’t matter, because they don’t lie. It’s very similar to the phrase “the fact of the matter is” which is then followed by person’s interpretation of the “fact”.
Click Read More for the rest of the post!
Who The Hell Am I!
I’m a liberal that is extreme in some ways and not in others. I support President Obama and make no apologies for it. I think he has done a phenomenal job, especially when you consider that he inherited a huge mess and has faced unprecedented opposition from a lazy & desperate Republican Party. I’m a film producer/director/editor, adjunct professor, technician, media critic and photographer when I’m not reading left wing blogs and typing on this one. – On Twitter @ExtremeLiberal or Email at liberalforreal (at) gmail.com
Share This Blog
Kurt Vonnegut Moment
Categories2012 Election Accomplishments Budget Democratic Party Economy Election General Health Care Reform Humor Jane Hamsher Jobs Media Midterm Elections Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSM Music National Security Photography Podcast Politics President Barack Obama Professional Left Public Domain Racism Republican Party Teabaggers Tea Party The Repugnant Party The Truth
Own An Important Part Of American History!
Damn It’s Hot!
Only If You Have A Few Extra Bucks!
- Fox Thanksgiving segment goes off the rails when black co-host is asked if she ‘makes Kool-Aid’ rawstory.com/2015/11/fox-th… 9 hours ago
- RT @TheObamaDiary: Behind the Lens: Around the World in Nine Days - Photos by @PeteSouza medium.com/@WhiteHouse… https://t.co/B5Afj2Oo8W 9 hours ago
- Wow, Seth Meyers just stripped down Trump’s lies and Islamophobia so clearly even your racist uncle will get it now salon.com/2015/11/25/wow… 16 hours ago
- Yes, Trump Will Now Require Press Members Be Escorted to the Bathroom at Rallies mediaite.com/online/yes-tru… via @mediaite 16 hours ago
- It's disturbing that I feel like I've seen the video of #LaquanMcDonald getting executed in the street BEFORE. When will it stop? #news 19 hours ago
- I did not know that Rashida Jones is the daughter of Peggy Lipton and Quincy Jones. #funfacts 1 day ago
- Burger King Manager Says Chicago Cops Deleted Surveillence Video of Officer Killing a Teenager gawker.com/burger-king-ma… 1 day ago
- I love this. https://t.co/AjQ292d2ec 1 day ago
- RT @JoyAnnReid: Hey tweeps! I'll be sitting in for Chris and hosting Pre-Thanksgiving Day @hardball tomorrow (Wednesday) 7pm ET. Tune in! c… 1 day ago
- RT @MeandsashaC: Wow.....yeah twitter.com/extremeliberal… 1 day ago
Join A Union – Rebuild The Middle Class
- Matt Patrina on The Trumping Down Of America!
- Matt Patrina on The Trumping Down Of America!
- Consumer Unit 5012 on The Trumping Down Of America!
- paradoctor on The Trumping Down Of America!
- liberalguy11 on How Many People Has Fox News Killed With Their Lies About Obamacare?
- Chicken Hammer on The Trumping Down Of America!
- PurpleHaze on The Republican Lies That Killed Our Sons And Daughters And Created ISIL!
- jetforcef22 on Did I Mention Huffington Post Sucks Ass And Should Be Boycotted?
- Ronnie on Cornel West And Tavis Smiley Have Never Supported President Obama!
- Sedate Me on Aaron Schock Compares Himself To Lincoln – A Rare Photo Proves It
- MLR on Aaron Schock Compares Himself To Lincoln – A Rare Photo Proves It
- Sedate Me on Will The Supreme Court Kill The Republican Party In King v. Burwell?
- Joyce Varden on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- Jason on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- grantinhouston on Glenn Greenwald Decries The Spying He Helped Enable When He Supported Bush!
Photos by Extreme Liberal