Financial Reform Gets Over Hurdle – Another Win For President Obama!
Here is the New York Times story about the success. I’m sure all the “nothing is good enough” crowd will pick it apart, both sides will whine and cry and their will be “poutrage” from some on the left. The Huffington Post, which I refuse to link to, has a blazing headline “REFORMED BUT NOT TRANSFORMED“. They wouldn’t want to actually give credit where credit is do now would they? I haven’t been tracking on it too much, so I can’t speak to the details but I’m sure that since it took 3 Republicans to pass it, it probably is watered down pretty good. But considering the way our dysfunctional democracy works, it’s better than nothin’!
7 Comments »
Who The Hell Am I!
I’m a liberal that is extreme in some ways and not in others. I support President Obama and make no apologies for it. I think he has done a phenomenal job, especially when you consider that he inherited a huge mess and has faced unprecedented opposition from a lazy & desperate Republican Party. I’m a film producer/director/editor, adjunct professor, technician, media critic and photographer when I’m not reading left wing blogs and typing on this one. – On Twitter @ExtremeLiberal or Email at liberalforreal (at) gmail.com
Share This Blog
Kurt Vonnegut Moment
Categories2012 Election Accomplishments Budget Democratic Party Economy Election General Health Care Reform Humor Jane Hamsher Jobs Media Midterm Elections Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSM Music National Security Photography Podcast Politics President Barack Obama Professional Left Public Domain Racism Republican Party Teabaggers Tea Party The Repugnant Party The Truth
Own An Important Part Of American History!
Damn It’s Hot!
Only If You Have A Few Extra Bucks!
- Freedom! http://t.co/oGaEpwn5xx 46 minutes ago
- RT @Dodoette4042235: Mount Rainer at sunset with two lenticular clouds above it http://t.co/EHFJMJCQPS 1 hour ago
- RT @Arianna8927: Media demands BO apologize for bad website,HRC asked to apologize for private email.GWB sends 4K troops to Iraq on a lie,n… 2 hours ago
- RT @LauraNo: Or his wives RT @ExtremeLiberal Talk to some of the people Trump has screwed in business deals and ask them about how good "hi… 14 hours ago
- The #media will tout the Monmouth poll ad nauseum, but won't tell you it was a sample of 366 people, w/a MOE of 5.1%. #cnn #msnbc #news 15 hours ago
- Uh yeah, that Monmouth Poll was of 366 people, got that, 366 people with a margin of error of +/- 5.1%. monmouth.edu/assets/0/32212… #newdaycnn 15 hours ago
- Conservative Pundit Completely Destroys Carly Fiorina’s ‘Sexism’ Charge thedailybanter.com/2015/09/conser… via @thedailybanter 15 hours ago
- RT @GrnEyedMandy: For the last time, SHE WASNT LOCKED UP FOR HER BELIEFS. SHE WAS LOCKED UP FOR BREAKING THE LAW. God damn people are s… 15 hours ago
- Talk to some of the people Trump has screwed in business deals and ask them about how good "his word" is. #newdaycnn #cnn #suckups 15 hours ago
- "some political insiders say that Trump stumbled", really @AlisynCamerota only "insiders"...think he stumbled? Can't offend his supporters. 15 hours ago
Join A Union – Rebuild The Middle Class
- Chicken Hammer on The Trumping Down Of America!
- jetforcef22 on Did I Mention Huffington Post Sucks Ass And Should Be Boycotted?
- Ronnie on Cornel West And Tavis Smiley Have Never Supported President Obama!
- Sedate Me on Aaron Schock Compares Himself To Lincoln – A Rare Photo Proves It
- MLR on Aaron Schock Compares Himself To Lincoln – A Rare Photo Proves It
- Sedate Me on Will The Supreme Court Kill The Republican Party In King v. Burwell?
- Joyce Varden on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- Jason on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- grantinhouston on Glenn Greenwald Decries The Spying He Helped Enable When He Supported Bush!
- Cedric on Glenn Greenwald Decries The Spying He Helped Enable When He Supported Bush!
- E. Landon Hobgood on President Obama’s Full Speech On National Security, Drones and Gitmo
- mentorboom on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- nomadicview on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- Peter on Glenn Greenwald, Perpetually Wrong, But Allowed To Be So!
- Kcender on When Greenwalds Attack! 10 Examples From His Past
Photos by Extreme Liberal