Financial Reform Gets Over Hurdle – Another Win For President Obama!
Here is the New York Times story about the success. I’m sure all the “nothing is good enough” crowd will pick it apart, both sides will whine and cry and their will be “poutrage” from some on the left. The Huffington Post, which I refuse to link to, has a blazing headline “REFORMED BUT NOT TRANSFORMED“. They wouldn’t want to actually give credit where credit is do now would they? I haven’t been tracking on it too much, so I can’t speak to the details but I’m sure that since it took 3 Republicans to pass it, it probably is watered down pretty good. But considering the way our dysfunctional democracy works, it’s better than nothin’!
7 Comments »
Who The Hell Am I!
I’m a liberal that is extreme in some ways and not in others. I support President Obama and make no apologies for it. I think he has done a phenomenal job, especially when you consider that he inherited a huge mess and has faced unprecedented opposition from a lazy & desperate Republican Party. I’m a film producer/director/editor, adjunct professor, technician, media critic and photographer when I’m not reading left wing blogs and typing on this one. – On Twitter @ExtremeLiberal or Email at liberalforreal (at) gmail.com
Share This Blog
Kurt Vonnegut Moment
Categories2012 Election Accomplishments Budget Democratic Party Economy Election General Health Care Reform Humor Jane Hamsher Jobs Media Midterm Elections Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSM Music National Security Photography Podcast Politics President Barack Obama Professional Left Public Domain Racism Republican Party Teabaggers Tea Party The Repugnant Party The Truth
Own An Important Part Of American History!
Damn It’s Hot!
Only If You Have A Few Extra Bucks!
- Aaron Schock Compares Himself To Lincoln – A Rare Photo Proves It
- Will The Supreme Court Kill The Republican Party In King v. Burwell?
- Music Review – Paolo Nutini’s “Caustic Love” BUY IT!
- President Obama’s Press Conference After The Midterms Made The Bubble Weep!
- Jon Stewart Nails Fox News RE: Ferguson
- RT @BBasementMedia: 19 hrs & slightly over 5K to go for @BuzzardFilm @kickstarter campaign- CLOSE! kickstarter.com/projects/potry… #Colecovision #A… 1 hour ago
- More anti-American undermining from Turtle! | McConnell Warns Countries Against Obama's UN Climate Plan @TPM talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mccon… #news 3 hours ago
- RT @JoniMitchellcom: Joni is currently in intensive care in an LA area hospital but is awake and in good spirits. More updates to come as w… 6 hours ago
- RT @TonyOrtega94: In only a minute, I explain why I don't waste time arguing about whether #Scientology is a "cult" youtube.com/watch?v=hX1hUv… 7 hours ago
- Want Some Cheese With That Whine, Conservatives? washingtonmonthly.com/political-anim… via @washmonthly 7 hours ago
- RT @WhiteHouse: Share the news: President Obama is creating a new tool to counter cyber threats → medium.com/@PresidentObam… http://t.co/D924C… 8 hours ago
- RT @VegasJessie: Starbuck’s CEO Just Made A Shocking Announcement That Has Christians Standing Up For Their Faith demu.gr/10026442214 #… 8 hours ago
- RT @donnabrazile: .@ChrisCuomo on @NewDay explains the differences btw the Federal Law vs #IndianaLaw. It's time to fix the law or repeal i… 8 hours ago
- Chris Rock keeps taking pictures of the police pulling him over businessinsider.com/chris-rock-sto… via @BI_Entertain 8 hours ago
- RT @GideonTJones: @eliasisquith @DanaHoule @DemFromCT Same argument Rand/Ron Paul makes. Many libertarians think racial discrimination shou… 8 hours ago
Join A Union – Rebuild The Middle Class
- Ronnie on Cornel West And Tavis Smiley Have Never Supported President Obama!
- Sedate Me on Aaron Schock Compares Himself To Lincoln – A Rare Photo Proves It
- MLR on Aaron Schock Compares Himself To Lincoln – A Rare Photo Proves It
- Sedate Me on Will The Supreme Court Kill The Republican Party In King v. Burwell?
- Joyce Varden on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- Jason on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- grantinhouston on Glenn Greenwald Decries The Spying He Helped Enable When He Supported Bush!
- Cedric on Glenn Greenwald Decries The Spying He Helped Enable When He Supported Bush!
- E. Landon Hobgood on President Obama’s Full Speech On National Security, Drones and Gitmo
- mentorboom on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- nomadicview on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
- Peter on Glenn Greenwald, Perpetually Wrong, But Allowed To Be So!
- Kcender on When Greenwalds Attack! 10 Examples From His Past
- DoubleOhDavee on A Collection Of Photos For A Late Fall Day
- Maureen odonnell on Scarborough’s Dead Intern Gets Markos Of Daily Kos Banned From MSNBC!
Photos by Extreme Liberal