A Saturday Reading List For Pragmatic Progressives
What a crazy week in politics. When the politicians leave Washington, it seems like the pundits get restless and start making shit up and stirring up controversies to bring attention to themselves. Thankfully there is an awesome group of bloggers to bat down the bullshit. Check out these stories you might have missed that caught my eye.
- For any progressives flirting with Ron Paul as a candidate, read this and then come back and try to rationalize your stupidity.
- I’m sure you’ve seen the reports of Richard Trumka’s idiotic interpretation of the compromise on the debt ceiling hostage crisis. The People’s View takes him to task and then reminds us that the Obama administration is the best thing that has happened to labor in 30 years. Trumka joined the “blame the victim” crowd who continue to ignore the hostage takers who are blatantly and openly trying to stop any progress from the Democrats.
- One of the smartest bloggers online has this important post about the “extremism” that the poutrage crowd has been pushing in their Tea Party wannabe world. You should be checking in with Smartypants daily if aren’t already, she is one of the best for sure.
- Did you hear that author Stephen King has a new left wing radio show coming to the airwaves in Maine. White Noise Insanity covers politics in the northeast better than any.
- And come on people, both political parties are not the same, get your head out of your ass.
- Did you know that all those unemployed people and folks struggling across our country are really rich? Does it matter that they can’t afford food to put in that expensive refrigerator that they have? If they were really poor, they wouldn’t even have one. /snark
- One of the newest warriors storming the blogging scene took on Andrew Breitbart and coaxed him out of his rat hole, good work Evilsax!
- Even though I personally understand when the President has to compromise with the Republicans, I want him to fight those motherfuckers more too. That’s why I’ve been looking forward to campaign season — where a president is allowed to be partisan and fight.
Cross-posted at Angry Black Lady Chronicles